Sunday, July 3, 2011

One Hundred and Eighty Part Two

     One Hundred and Eight Days ago, I posted a post entitled One Hundred and Eighty. This post you are reading now, was written One Hundred and Eighty days ago, on January 3rd, 2011. 
    
     The inspiration for One Hundred and Eighty came from the song "Old Hazel Eyes is Back", track Eight on One Night Stand in North Dakota's album Dissatisfactions. Singing, "I saw myself through your eyes for One Hundred and Eighty Weeks. Now I'm trying to learn how to see again, looking through to what's underneath." 

     One Hundred and Eighty Weeks, near three and a half years. In that time, it'll be winter again, just like it was when this began. Except it'll be 2014. I'll have graduated by then, and be away in college, my life having made another One Hundred and Eighty Degree turn.

      But One Hundred and Eighty isn't a full circle, just getting there. In Three Hundred and Sixty Days, doubtless I'll have changed from who I am now. In Three Hundred and Sixty Weeks, who knows where I'll be. 

     One Hundred and Eighty Words.

No comments: