Thursday, October 14, 2010

Space Story Thing Part 2

     I leaned in closer, when I felt something pressing into the soft back of my suit. In my mind, I knew that it wasn't Jim trying to get my attention. I stood up slowly, with my hands in the air, figuratively of course. The thing in my back pressed in harder, and I stood still. "Jim? What's going on?" Silence. My mind was racing, trying to figure out what was going on, when a gloved hand grabbed my arm and spun me around.
     It looked so much like us. Sure, the thing was seven and a half feet tall, and it had only four fingers, but the thing that I couldn't get past was its eyes. They were glowing.  I was thankful that our visors were tinted, because it felt like those eyes would burn a hole in my head.
     The creature returned my stare, though through its visor the creature's glowing eyes scanned my visor, unable to find any biological features. My eyes were still transfixed on its, when I noticed its hands in my peripheral. The thing the gloved hand was holding was obviously a gun, though not of any human making. And the glove that held it only had four fingers.

No comments: