Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Taking Inventory

     So, over the past weeks and months, there has been a pile of folded up peices of notebook paper building by my computer, and tonight I plan on posting as many of those as I can before I got insane or pass out. Here goes.

     Abstract words time.
     Green, blue, brown soft flannel, lumberjack, axe, trees, pine, forests, woods, green, moss, fields, hills, rolling, pin, bread, food, hungry, hamburger, ketchup, mustard, yellow, stop light, red light, stop, hammertime, dance, party, Cheetos, cheetah, Africa, Kenya, Savannah, wildebeest, watering hole, alligators, green, Kermit, moppets, TV, shows, tells, understands, sleeps, pillow, soft, comfortable, flannel, lumberjacks, log cabin, snow, pine trees, ski trail, cold, icy, freezer, dinosaur chicken nuggets, dinosaurs, asteroid, space, adventure, pirate ship, Caribbean, blue waters, sandy beaches, palm tree, coconut, mail, catalogue, sweaters, wool, cotton, flannel, plaid, Scottish, bagpipe, funeral, sadness, rain, clouds, blue skies, outside, bicycle, freedom, America, statue of liberty, green.

     Uh, next is just a random piece of paper with, "Sadness, no. Neither joy nor sorrow, but emotional purgatory." Scrawled on it.

     It's eyes grew brighter. I stood transfixed on them, when an image of me following it broke my concentration. Then, the creature seemed to nod in response to my unspoken question, I obliged.
     What it took me too looked unlike a spaceship in any human aspect, but when it led me inside, I realized that it wasn't a spaceship, it was a commune. We passed through another set of doors, and the creature took off the dome surrounding its head. The sensors on my helmet read oxygen, and I cautiously took it off. The air was bitter, and it felt different on the lungs than ours, but it was air alright. The creature was staring at me this time, and I noticed that its skin had the slightest tinge of brown. It made a noise, deep, but in no way guttural, and motioned for me to follow it deeper into the massive room we were in.
     I stood in front of seven of these creatures. One of them pulled out a sheet of metal that looked like the tablets which had tried again to take the market back on earth. A four-fingered hand grabbed mine and pressed it to the sheet. For a brief second it glowed, in a shade not too different from the creature's eyes.  I pulled y hand off, and the screen showed an image of a human, Earth, and was accompanied by some text which was indiscernible to me, The creatures turned to the image, then to each other, and then finally to me. The second shortest one, to my far right spoke, "You are from," hesitated for a moment then continued, "Earth?"
     "Correct," I replied. The one who had spoken to me turned back to the others. The mumbled together, then the tallest one silenced them, and turned back to me.
     "We, require the aid of," a pause, followed by a deep noise, "Earth."

    Well, that's disappointing, I had hoped to get more done, but I am about to pass out in front of my computer, so I will have to continue tomorrow.

No comments: